R Module 1
17 Jan, 2022, 03:47 PM
Chapter 1 Welcome!
Hi, and welcome to the R Module 1 (AKA STAT 158) course at Colorado State University!
This course is the first of three 1 credit courses intended to introduce the R programming language to those with little or no programming experience.
Through these Modules (courses), we’ll explore how R can be used to do the following:
- Perform basic computations and logic, just like any other programming language
- Load, clean, analyze, and visualize data
- Run scripts
- Create reproducible reports so you can explain your work in a narrative form
In addition, you’ll also be exposed to some aspects of the broader R community, including:
- R as free, open source software
- The RStudio free software
- Publicly available packages which extend the capability of R
- Events and community groups which advocate for the use of R and the support of R users
More detail will be provided in the Course Topics laid out in the next chapter.